Tuesday, November 5, 2013

a fabric monoprint

Today, I did some work on a fabric monoprint I made a few weeks ago when I went a bit overboard with gelatin printing.
I have layered it with a piece of felt and quilted all around the flowers and am in the process of beading it.
The dotted stems, I am beading with those bugle beads  and You can see I was trying out how I wanted to bead the buds/flowers.
Here's a close up of these two ideas, one where I just space beads around the bud and the second where I covered the whole edge with beads.  the monoprint is two layers and the flowers were overprinted in a dark blue.  these beads are a sort of iridescent dark blue and I thought they would be perfect.
I often take pictures of my work at different stages so I can work out how things are working.  Having it in a small picture helps to  work out how things are showing up.
This picture obviously helped, because I actually changed my mind totally and did something altogether different.
I decided to embroider a lattice and put the beads on it like this.
And here's where I am at with that.
I am liking how this is turning out and hopefully will finish it by the end of the month.

9 comments:

  1. You have fairy's hands!Happy AEDM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is lovely!! I love everything about it, what a great job you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors and gelli printing does become addicting! You have magic fingers. Happy AEDM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want one of those gelli plates and have ever since I first saw one. You did a fantastic job with your print.

    I like how you decided how your beading should go. I often use my blog photos as a way to discover which way to go with a given piece. I hope to see the completed piece at the end of the month.




















































































































































































    ReplyDelete
  5. This is is lovely. I love the intricate beading and I think the latticework version is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your layered background and it's inspiring me to try my geli plate which I haven't even opened since I got it months ago! Your beading is perfect - can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful already! Love the soft watercolor look with the beads and stitching on top. Can't wait to see it finished.
    Thanks for showing the process/progress. Will have to look through your tutorials. I really like to learn how others work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lattice beading was a good choice and the subtle changing colors in the background are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful and delicate effect. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users