Saturday, November 23, 2013

Another face

Today I have been quite creative, but I don't think you would be interested in looking at colour mixing charts!,  So I went back to Jane Davenport's video and drew another face.  I find them extremely satisfying, especially since the reason I have avoided them is that I snobbishly regarded them as not art!  Of course that is silly, because art is creating whatever makes you happy.
I really enjoy doing them and feel like can have a success when I am not feeling particularly arty.
Of course, my faces are pretty much all the same at the moment, because I have not actually done many, but I suppose I will get better at making them my own.

Not much stitching seem to be happening, does it, but I am also working feverishly on my Tangled Textiles Challenge piece, but I can't show you that until next week.
Happy Creating!

8 comments:

  1. Vicki I love this painting! A applaud you for keepung up with the Art Every Day challenge!
    Good luck with finishing the TT piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful. Love her lips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason, I've never been able to draw anything. You did a fantastic job. Lovely gal, but color mixing charts would make me happy, too. I feel a dye job in the offing (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's lovely - I love that sweeping hair and the way you did the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well for someone who says she hasn't been doing faces for a long time, you sure are having some success. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful face! acck - running out of time for the TT challenge, and I haven't even started yet

    ReplyDelete
  7. I chuckled when you said today I have ben rather creatrive I say you are being rather creative every day on this challenge, a wonderful face you have done here

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the face you created!!! so beautiful! and what?!

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users