I have been very unproductive of late. I find as I get older, that I tolerate the heat less and less and this year is still a hot one. A lot of my large quilting projects have been put on hold until I can work in my smaller sewing room without raising a sweat. I have a smaller machine for quilting and thread painting out in my studio, where I can regulate the temperature somewhat, so back to small projects.
Last week, I did some sun printing (like I said at least the sun is good for something!).
Then I painted the whole piece with the paint and a large brush. I placed a stencil from my huge collection over the top and left it to dry. The piece above is the result.
It's a bit of a miracle, really. My hubby says it is not possible and doesn't make sense, but I have seen lots of paint effects related to this, like making fabric for water ripples by gently pleating as it dries.
Anyhow, that's how things are going at present. I will try and keep my blog more up to date from now on.