Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A quick one

Just a quick one for day 6 of AEDM.  I have been out teaching art today, not doing my own, so I only had time to frame up one of my journal quilts for the gallery.
My journal quilts are 5" square and are where I try out different techniques.  This one is from a few months ago, but I did mount it today!  It is some painted nappyliner leaves and a bit of free motion on black satin.
Of course I always journal every day now, having finally got the habit, but that is not so exciting to look at.
Happy creating every day

5 comments:

  1. Love this!! The simple lines on the black really speak to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and creative quilting journal ~ what a gift for someone special ~ thanks, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may not seem exciting to you, but I was thrilled to see this. I've also used something similar to what you call nappy liners. And I even dyed my own. But I didn't get the beautiful effects you got. You ROCK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good to see nappy liners in your journal, I learnt about them when doing C & G in the 90`s, still have the box upstairs but not used any since college days, sometimes I look and think should I throw these but then think no if I do I am sure to want to use them once they are gone

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really striking. Nappy liners? Are they actual liners for nappies?! What a great use for them.

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users