Sunday, November 10, 2013

Living large

Today is day ten of AEDM.
I have been thinking over the last few months that I would like to get a larger fibre piece done.  I have not made anything large for a few years and one of the other AEDM participants inspired me to take the opportunity to finish a UFO this month, so I decided to have a go at doing both at once.
this is an applique piece I put together when I was dyeing some fabric a year or so ago.  So far all I had done was scribble on the background and stitch a little way along one petal.
the finished size is about 25 by 30 in, so it is not huge, but is quite large for a wall piece.  I already have a frame to put it in that has also been cluttering up the cupboards for a while.
I did a little stitching today, but did not get as far as I hoped as we lost power for six hours.  This is something that happens a bit way up in the country.  There is only one road through and when a tree falls, it often takes the power lines with it.  Since a fire came through about five years ago, the number of dead trees falling increases every year and I often hear them up in the forest behind us.
but enough of that.  Here are a few shots of the stitching I did today.
Not too much, but there are quite a few days left this month.  I'll see how far I get.

Happy creating!

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous piece, my friend. Have a magical Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely - such an interesting project - I'm eager to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Iris is really taking shape! Love the hand-dyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always great to get something finished and this is looking good! Must have been frustrating to lose power when you were planning to work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I like seeing the process you took in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stitching really defines the petals. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have feed dogs on my machine, so I can't do any free motion stitching. But yours is stunning and you are definitely off to a good start, power loss or not. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the colours and what you are doing with this piece

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users