Sunday, November 10, 2013

shelly beach

Today I'm sharing a journal quilt I just completed yesterday for day 10 of AEDM.
The background is rusted fabric and the green stripe is painted teabag paper stitched down with gold coloured wire.  The shells are held down with a piece of red netting from some fruit.  As you can see, I do like to recycle, lol.  I am happy with this one, although it did not end up being what I first planned.  Sometimes you just have to use up the junk that's sitting right in front of you.
Happy creating!

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea of using found objects and your colours with the tea bag are beautiful. I like how you coupled them with the rusted fabric and netting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the red pops over the green painted tea bags. Do you rust your own fabric? I do mine, too. Your's is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such imagination you come up each day with another creation that most of us could only dream about making

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful little art piece. This definitely falls under the category of "one man's junk is another man's treasure!" Definitely your treasure!!!

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users