Saturday, November 9, 2013

bead creative

Today is day 9 of AEDM.
And today I have been surrounded by beads!
This is my beading tray.  At the top right is a cuff I am beading on a loom.  At the bottom right are two more projects, the monoprint I am beading and a piece of gold and brown brocade I am beading for a journal quilt.
It is very hard to see but on the bottom left is a perspex beading tray which my hubby made for me.  He routed some slots on it so I could sort out beads easily.  Comes in handy when you spill them!
I do love beading on my work, but it is very time consuming, so I wouldn't hold my breath for the finishes of these pieces.
I did recently heavily bead a piece for a commission, here.
.This one took an enormous number of hours, but at least my friend was not in a hurry.  I was very pleased with it, but it will be a while before I repeat the effort!

Have fun creating!

6 comments:

  1. I can well believe that took a very long time, it's quite a project and must have been rewarding once done. I'll enjoy learning more about beading and fibre art generally over here. Thanks too for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly, your beading project is stunning! Your friend must have been thrilled. Beautiful work and such a great way to be creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! you are one busy lady!!! beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, beautiful beading work and very much worth the effort! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bird, vine and flower piece is just beautiful, Vickie. I too love beading - it adds so much texture and sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, I am in LOVE with your art. That finished piece is over the top, to say the least.

    I am in awe of your beading and that cuff loom looks a bit scary to me. Of course, if it's by hand, I don't do it. Of course, I love that you make these, because I can come here and always be awed by your work.

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users