Sunday, April 29, 2012

just a butterfly

Just a very little post today
Butterfly made from satin and chiffon, reverse appliqued, then couched with gold thread.  Haven't quite got to the body yet.
This an idea from a new book I have been reading: The Art and Embroidery of Jane Hall: Reflections of Nature         
Her butterflies and insect are amazing and you can see her work here
I did change her method a little bit, using synthetics and glue to stabilise edges as well as no wire, but I think I have a few machine adaptations as well as some other easier ways to make these gorgeous things.


No ATC, although I have made one today.  Hubby and I have been working on organising and slight renovations all weekend and I am very tired, but looking forward to getting into my studio tomorrow.  YES!

I had also forgotten to post my choices for the  liebster award.  I shall do that tomorrow too, sorry


Have a good week all.