I started by using them on paper.
I used inktense blocks to make rubbings and spread it outside the rubbing with water. I really loved the distressed look and decided I wanted to do it on fabric. Inktense is permanent once it has been wet and dried, so perfect on fabric.
This was mt first rubbing. I still wanted the blurred washed out surround.
With this one I used a brush to blur out the edges, but it was too pale for me so I added a bit more around the edges with my characteristic scribbles. I also needed to make the central rubbing permanent so I sprayed it with water then dried it quickly with the iron. I look forward to free motion quilting this one!