Saturday, January 18, 2014

Escaping the weather

I have been hiding for a few days, trying to keep cool, but  today the weather is a bit cooler.
Something I love to do is free motion embroidery, and I love making things out of just thread.  A bit like stumpwork, but with the sewing machine.  Most of these little things will end up on my crazy quilt,  but they are so lovely, I keep making them.
This little butterfly is about 2 inches square.  Basically, I just scribbled to create this one.  But it is done with some gorgeous new metallic threads I got recently - a bit of a test run.
This pansy is about the same size, perhaps a little smaller.  With this one, I made all the petals separately the sewed them together and added the yellow by hand.  This one has already been pinned into place on one of my crazy quilt blocks.

If you have followed me for a while you will know that I have a crazy quilt in process, but I put it aside so I could participate in CQJP2014, so I will have my January block finished soon.

Happy Creating!