Monday, January 27, 2014

tablet tangles

i recently bought a graphics tablet to use for drawing.
I can't say I'm very adept at it yet, but I am practicing and trying to build up my stash of drawings to use.  Both in thermofaxes and in my textile art. as stitching patterns.
Here is a little toadstool I drew last night.
And a sunflower.
And before you praise me for my drawing skills, These were traced from photos I took, but any of you who do textile work can probably see how these would be great for applique of free motion stitching.
I still have to get the hang of lots of other techniques on the tablet, but I am getting there.
One thing that is important to me in my art, is to create sketchbooks, which can then inspire textile work.  these are now an extension of that sketchbook and will be incorporated into pages for sure.

Happy creating!