I have been working on samples for s few projects over the last week or two and today I have finished one.
It is moth scales on a leaft background. I had been thinking a lot about fabrics to use and how to do it and finally settled on simple shapes. I wanted to create depth between the leaves which were the background and the scales which were the moth's wings, so I tried out a few different ways to construct the two.
Another difference I will make in the final piece will be to make the leaves more random and perhaps use tulle instead of net (and of course be a little more careful with my stitching, mmmm)
Have fun creating