Saturday, December 14, 2013

How to be creative without producing anything

I have been very creative today, but it did not yield results.....yet.
I was inspired to do some digital collage by a post here.
But long long ago, when I was using photoshop elements, it seemed easy.  My new laptop only has Gimp.  I know I can do what I want, but the how is another thing.  It did not happen today, but I will keep trying (or I will go and get photoshop elements again)
so What have I got to show? Not much - two started journal pages.

CCI14122013_00000
This page is a rubbing over wire (which I learnt from design matters tv), using water soluble crayons. needs more work, of course.

CCI14122013_00001
This page is using a couple of things i created today.  On the left is a stencil I created from one of my drawings and on the right is a stamp I created using fun foam after watching the new Art journaling Live recording from Interweave.  It is not a new technique, i have seen it before, but the video was very inspiring.  It was the tracey Bautista part of the video.
I really like both the stamp and the stencil, but of course i need to play with them a bit more.

Happy creating!

4 comments:

  1. Great idea to create a stencil from one of your drawings! It looks gorgeous. That recording from interweave sounds quite interesting ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by AND linking to my blog :)
    I'm glad my collage is inspirational - makes my day!
    I really like the stamp you made on the right page... and the mono prints you show in an earlier post... cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may not think you produced anything, but I personally think you produced a LOT. And you learned or expanded on some new techniques, too.

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users