Saturday, December 28, 2013

A lace sample

Last night, I had a quick go at making a piece of lace on organza.


I was a design I had been playing with in my sketchbook, but I think I need a bit more practice and perhaps a paper pattern to keep it a bit tidier.  As you can see I kept making the flowers bigger.  I worked in a hoop and simply drew with the machine.  when it was finished, I simply cut it out.  I looks a bit flat and opaque here, but in reality it is very transparent and filmy.  Another idea to use on my crazy quilt in the new year.

Happy creating!

2 comments:

  1. I can finally get onto your blog, until now I have been getting lots and lots of all your work up on a sort of calender.The flowers will look love;y on your CQJP, I finished mine yesterday, all I need is the sleeve on the back for hanging it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks very interesting. I actually like it that the flowers are all a bit different. Makes it more real .... That'll be an amazing quilt! looking forward to seeing it next year!

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users