I have layered a square of face wipe on top of the baby wipe and some more pressed leaves. I freemotioned around the square and the leaves and used the paint colours as a guide for stitching. I have so much trouble with satin stich edgings (my corners get eaten up) and have tried lots of different ways, and I thought, what if I tried it free motion? and it worked reasonably well - needs a bit of fine tuning, but no eaten corners!
Now for the sampler,
Basically, it is simply different coloured strips tacked down on a backing, to which I have then added lots of different stitches and embellishments.
It now has a new life as part of my TAST2012 challenge, because it is the perfect base for me to practice the stitches on. And as it happens, three of the four stitches we have done are actually on it already.
- some straight stitches,
- a couched piece of machine wrapped cord
- a piece of tulle bunched up and sewn down
- some seed stitches with a nylon knitting ribbon
- a fly stitch pattern
- some random fly stitches
- a pice of satin braid couched down with a line of blue pearl beads above it
- a piece of blue and white eyelash
- cretan stitch with a piece of nylon knitting tape woven through it
- a pice of flat tape secured with vertical straight stitches
- some random lines of basque stitch
- a piece of furry eyelash couched down and surrounded by seed stitches
- green ribbon attached with a chain stitch at top and diagonal lines of fly stitch
- a piece of ladder tape yarn couched down
- another frayed piece of organza attached with a curvy chain stitch and random beading above
- three buttonhole stitch leaves
- a piece of green chiffon which has not been embellished yet
- a piece of burned organza attached with three lines of very messy snail trail stitch
- some more eyelash couched
- woolen yarn twisted really tightly, then sewn down