Wednesday, January 11, 2012

another metal ATC and my doodled bird in progress

Today's ATC is another embossed foil one, a leaf, which I have painted with nail polish.  It is sewn onto some more of my collage background with chain stitch and french knots and bound with organza ribbon.

some of you probably remember this bird from one of my artbooks.
I actually have a small quilt in process using this design.
here it is with the outline quilting done
and a close up
I have now started the doodling in the feathers
I am really enjoying doing this ddodling and have been practising lots of doodles in my quilting scrapbook
Here's a close up.  I think I need to go over the stitching more than once as it is such a thin thread and I'm sure there will be some scope for beading when it is done.



Happy stitching, don't forget to check out Lisa's ATC and the TAST page