Monday, January 30, 2012

precious and not so precious

today's ATC has some working parts!
This one is simply scrapbook paper on a playing card with stickers and flaps.  The question is what is precious?
 I suppose choosing the correct answer depends on who you are!


And now, I will show you what I have been working on all these weeks.  I submitted this piece for an exhibition, but it wasn't accepted.  It was my first try, so I will live with it and I was not happy with it myself - we live and learn.
On the flip side, not being chosen means I can put it in our little show here in march.
anyway, here it is
It has a poem free machined on the background, freeform piecing and beading, and six small thread paintings.
here is the first one, some rugged mountain ranges
this one is of a jewel sea (the 12 apostles, near lorne, vic)
cooktown orchids in the treetops
Some ferns

A cross section of an opal
My brown country (King's Canyon, NT.)

Enjoy!

Remember failures are what drives creativity.  They create space for learning and problem solving.