Sunday, December 29, 2013

Green and copper

If you follow my blog, you will remember the copper and paper collage with  a sprig of leaves a few days ago, and how I liked the little woven detail at the base of the plant.
I have used this to make some little embellishments for one of my needlefelted pieces that was waiting for inspiration.
You can see here I have used a piece of a computer as a jig, to hold the four thick pieces of wire whilst I am weaving them with some fine wire.  You could probably use some plastic canvas in the same way.
Here is one of the finished little embellishments placed on the needlefelted piece.
And here is the finished piece with the little embellishments stitched on.  I am afraid it is slightly too long for the scanner, so the bottom is cut off I really need to think about this when making small pieces.  Also it is a bit crooked, but that is just me placing it on the scanner.
I am quite pleased with how this one is turning out.
I have really done a fair bit of work during December and I thought you might like a look at my design wall at present.
These two pictures overlap, so as usual I couldn't fit it all in.  I like walking out into my studio each day and looking at what I have achieved.  It is extremely satisfying.

Happy creating!