Here is how I made the template.
- I cut a piece of paper. The corners need to be square.
- I folded it in half lengthwise with the fold to the bottom
- I marked my cutting line. Basically I drew how I wanted the end of my shape to be. I started the line from the fold and curved upward to the edge. The curve needs to be symmetrical
- I cut along my line and this gave me two little bits. Each had a right angle.
- I moved the pieces to the other end of the shape and arranged them with the right angles to the centre
- I taped those pieces on. the actual shape in number five is actually a bodgy one where the curve was not symmetrical and you can see what happens, the shape is not right. It will tesselate. But it doen't look right.
I think it looks a little bit Like water.
I tried the template out (roughly) on my journal page for today.
I traced around my template and then painted with some watercolour. It looked quite nice. In my project, I will be using fabric with fusible on the back, I think it will work out.
We will see....