Wednesday, March 12, 2014

what we saw at art class

As soon as I am finished posting, I will be going to my needlefelting machine to get to work on my Tangled Textiles piece hat is due in under a week.  I have been so busy it has slipped by!
I have been working on the landscapes I started, for Elizabeth Barton's course.  They are all very simple, but Today, whilst I was supervising my students I had a play with coloured skies

Here are a few more I have been working on.

This format is inspired by the work of Gilda baron, who is an extremely talented fibre artist.  I know I could do something a bit less 'pretty' but these are what is inspiring me at the moment. I am actually itching to transfer them to fabric and embroidery!
Also at art class we had a little visitor - a bogong moth, looking very bedraggled

and here is something one of my students is playing with.  I have introduced her to textured acrylic and she is hooked.  But I am glad she is learning to play around.  She is quite a talented watercolourist, but she gets very locked into perfection and doesn't like her work.  We are all guilty of that, aren't we?
This will probably be just a background, but I love the texture she has put on it.  I think it will probably be floral.  We will see where this one takes her!

Happy Creating!