Wednesday, February 5, 2014

fifty collages

I now have over fifty collages from my collage a day challenge and now, my intention is to slow down and make a few a week, but to also begin working on the foundations I have so far created.  I want to add lots f embellishment!
Above, you can see I have started on one of the collages.  I added some free motion stitching on painted cheesecloth and have started some hand embroidery.
Here is the original, simple collage
And here is where I am with this.  you can see the free machined cheesecloth (or scrim) is transparent.  I will probably be adding a lot of stitch to this one.  I have started some french knots in the flower centres and some lazy daisies and also some seed stitch.  I have more of the embossed metal and thought I might like to do some rubbings with them and I have to find my orange hand dyed perle thread.  the thread I have used here is variegated and has too much white.  It is, in fact a vintage ball that I got from the opp shop.

Happy Creating!