Thursday, October 23, 2014

A busy Day

I  had art class yesterday and got absolutely nothing done in my studio.  And when I got home, I just said to my self. "Don't stress"  And I didn't.
today, however was a different story.  I got a ton done, perhaps because I had a little break and wasn't stressed!
Here is the sea dragon sketch finished.
and I did another, sketch, a quick watercolour sketch of the ivy outside my studio.
My five minute warm ups.
And my journal page.  These are both Gelli prints from a few days ago. which I layered over a background I wasn't really happy with. I had painted the spread with red and orange paint and scraped it with a catalyst tool.  The amazing thing was when I layered the prints, which were on deli/greaseproof paper, the texture showed through on the unprinted parts.  I am linking this to Art Journal Journey
And miracle of miracle, I did some gelli printing today.  Most of it I did on fabric.
Here is one using a piece of grass as a mask
And, another miracle - I have even started free motion stitching on it!
And here are a pair done with another type of grass
I made a lot more prints, but I will show them to you tomorrow.

Happy Creating!


6 comments:

  1. Love all your leafy prints, and those layered over other colours in your journal look amazing! Have a great day, and have fun! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... this prints are all fantastic... and the journal spread is amazing !
    Thank you for sharing this with us for the current theme at AJJ!
    Wish you a great day!
    ♥♥♥
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. such beautiful prints-love those leaves! Thanks for sharing at AJJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow,beautiful leaves print,loved so much,just beautiful.

    xxx Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from AJJ Vicki ~ your leaf prints on fabric are super and stitching on them takes them to the next level!
    Great sketches too...
    you've been busy!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fantastic sea dragon and leaves, great sketch! And so many amazing prints. Mar x

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users