Tuesday, October 28, 2014

One of those years

I think 2014 is going on record as one of those years!  As you probably already know, I was extremely ill in the winter, my sister died recently, rubin our dog recently died and this morning I received the news that another of our quilt group members has died.  This is the third this year!  I am beginning to feel as if this year is fated to be the worst in history.  It is so difficult to deal with all this death and destruction.
But of course as we get older, I suppose  these sorts of years are more likely. I am hoping to put together an exhibition of my work next year and to donate a large part of the proceeds to cancer research, as all of my friends and my sister  had cancer.
I was thinking of april, but it will have to be may, as I am going to the Australasian Quilt Convention in April.  Today was the first day for bookings - and guess what!  some of the classes are already booked out!  My husband couldn't believe it and had to come and look for himself.  Luckily, there was no trouble with the classes I booked.  I am certainly not a quilter in the traditional sense!

I forgot the girls over at T for tuesday last week, but this week I have done a digital drawing just for them!
And here are my bits and pieces for today.
A sketch of my nectarine tree, in process
My warm ups
My journal page, which I am also sharing over at AJ Journey
I am hard at work, trying to finally catch up on CQJP2014 which I have gotten very behind at.  Hope to shoow you all some work soon.

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful and different ARTWORK Vicki... yes this are such years... I felt it last year as my my mother died on cancer .... that is life .. we are humans - wished there were no pain and no troubles for all living beings - but life is hard...
    How great you can look forward to this fab event!
    Happy T-Day and thank you for another fantastic idea to the DEEP IN THE FOREST theme!
    ♥♥♥
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your cup if lovely :) The yellow is cheerful and seasonal, and I would pick it up in an instant if I saw it in a shop.

    Some years are sooo hard. :( I'm glad you have this event to look ahead to. I hope it goes well for you, and I hope the coming year is a more comforting one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your artwork.
    Very sorry for all of your suffering...there are times when it seems like life really gangs up on us.
    Take care ♥
    Wishing a Happy T Day
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry for all of your recent losses. I had a year like that and it was not easy to get through. Sounds like you have some wonderful things to look forward to. Beautiful digital cup. And your piece for AJJ is fab! Happy t day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great art work, your digital work just blows me away!!

    Happy T-day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...you've got some amazing digital skill! Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your digital tea cup.

    One of my favorite sayings to help me get thru life is ' This too shall pass'.... nothing stays the same. Hang in there. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry it has been such a rough year, but what a marvelous idea to do an exhibit and donate to cancer research! Your work is lovely. Happy T-Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful journal pages, great quote! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some years are strangely horrible just as some years are strangely good! Sorry you are having a bad one! Love your art work, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the yellow teacup, it has a translucent look, like fine china.
    Your journal page is lovely with the forest tree and the white birds flying overhead.
    Hope everything starts going better from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First, I apologize that I have not been by to visit, although I did scroll down and saw where your beloved Rubin had died.

    Your tea cup is stunning. You draw SO well, and to do it digitally is even more of a challenge, I'm sure.

    Sorry about the year as it's passing, but it seems things might be turning around since you were able to get the classes you want to take in April.

    Still can't get on the internet at my place, but once I do, I'll be back by to see what else I've missed. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous art, your warm up fabrics, and your incredible tea cup with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy T-Day! So sorry I'm late.
    I'm also sorry for your losses this year. They always hit us so much harder when one is after another like that. I hope next year will better for you and you enjoy your classes :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. applause to you for getting thru the year so far - thanks for sharing your work which is just lovely

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users