Wednesday, February 5, 2014

fifty collages

I now have over fifty collages from my collage a day challenge and now, my intention is to slow down and make a few a week, but to also begin working on the foundations I have so far created.  I want to add lots f embellishment!
Above, you can see I have started on one of the collages.  I added some free motion stitching on painted cheesecloth and have started some hand embroidery.
Here is the original, simple collage
And here is where I am with this.  you can see the free machined cheesecloth (or scrim) is transparent.  I will probably be adding a lot of stitch to this one.  I have started some french knots in the flower centres and some lazy daisies and also some seed stitch.  I have more of the embossed metal and thought I might like to do some rubbings with them and I have to find my orange hand dyed perle thread.  the thread I have used here is variegated and has too much white.  It is, in fact a vintage ball that I got from the opp shop.

Happy Creating!

2 comments:

  1. I love watching how you turn your collages and backgrounds into fabulous pieces of art! This one is marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would NOT call this simple. I love it, though, and really feel inspired by you and your lovely sewing. I wish it was warm enough to be in the craft room where my sewing machine is, but I have to wait for the room to thaw a bit. After that, I might try a few of these collages based on your inspirations. Keep them coming, please.

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users