Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine 2 and some fabric

This heart ATC is made from a painted petal in a piece of lace, layered over red felt, outlined with running stitch, white blanket stitch edge and a few pearls.

As I said yesterday, I came up with quite a lot of ideas when I thought about hearts, which, like you, Linda, I generally avoid.  I wonder if I could be as successful with other symbolic shapes like stars, the moon, circles, or a simple flower.  mmmm.
As you can see there are a lot of little ideas on this page.  I could have kept going, but decided this was enough!

As I just came home yesterday, I haven't much to show, but today a friend gave me some yummy fabrics which I can't wait to use.
This is the most goegeous lurex and chiffon mix fabric.  I can see it as sand, pebbles, and lots of other landscape bit and pieces.  and of course it would go really well in a heat distressed piece.
This heavier fabric is a mixture of stripes and paisley in some bright colours with a great satin weave texture.
This is very hard to show in a photograph taken after dark in my studio, but is a dark blue burnout velvet with roses and leaves.
This one came out much better, it is also a burnout velvet, but this time green with leaves - my favourite!

hope you liked the bit of eye candy!
More hearts tomorrow!