Saturday, February 11, 2012

a love-ly quote and some sketching

The quote on this ATC is,
"Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul."
St Augustine
Painted fabric, raffia, felt hearts, coffee beans, sharpie marker.  Remind me next time to do the writing BEFORE attaching the fabric to the batting and backing, lol.

Also, here are a few sketches I have been working on for my Tangled textiles "Balance" challenge (don't worry no decisions made yet, so I'm not giving anything away)
Some ruins in Syria, which I have simplified a bit.
A gymnast on a balance beam.  I like this except for the fact that my faces are awful.

Some rocks and a shell balancing.

all of these are just ideas at present and I am still fleshing out the how of making each one, as each will entail wery different techniques, but I still have a lot of other ideas that haven't even got this far.  I find this the hardest part of challenges - choosing what to do

Remember to do something creative every day - it keeps the stress away!