Sunday, February 19, 2012

a bit of wax

Thought we'd have a bit of a change from hearts for today.  This one is totally a paper one.   Background is embossed paper (dry embossed not heat - ie it had a texture pressed into it)  with melted wax crayon applied with a soldering iron.  The stamp used permanent ink and the lace is adhesive paper lace painted with a gold leaf pen (I actually placed the stamp too far to the right, so I added the lace to make it look as if it was supposed to be where it is).
The quote says:

Use what talents
you possess
The woods would
be  very silent
if no birds sang
except those that
sang best
Henry Van Dyke

Excellent advice, I would say.

Unfortunately, I am still under the weather, (which at this present time is starting to thunder again.  I thought it was SUMMER!), so not much to show, but hopefully I am getting better.  Today was a tiny bit better, so maybe tomorrow will be too.  I am starting to get withdrawal symptoms from being away from my sewing machine!
I have been doing a bit of papery stuff  - in other words, stuff that  doesn't involve any dangerous machines, so hopefully, I'll show some of that tomorrow.
Still no email, so sorry if you have written me.