Friday, October 12, 2012

A few little bits

A few months ago, I made something called air dry porcelain.  It was a bit like polymer clay, but made with cornstarch and PVA.  You know me, always wanting to make something out of nothing. 
The other day, I decided to do something with it.
I used a few stamps to make some little embellishments.  As you can see, above, I used a stamp made from fun foam, one cut from an eraser and a commercial stamp.
I painted them all with the verdigris base I used here.
Then when they were dry, I painted them with the developing solution.
After a few hours, the lovely blue verdigris developed.
I couldn't wait to play with them, so I put together a few arrangements.
This was my first one from some bits lying on the table.
And another one.
 And the first one after a bit more fiddling.  I had a fun time deciding what to do with them.

Happy creating.