Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Fascinating Frida

Today is T for tuesday over at Altered book lover.  I haven't been very consistent about joining in, so today I am including a vintage cup of tea from The graphics fairy.
Hope  you enjoy your cuppa!
As some of you know, I have been doing Studying under the masters, hosted by Jeanne Oliver.  This week, we are studying Frida Kahlo with Jane Davenport.  Today I felt like doing a sketch of Frida, so this is my daily drawing and my Art Journal journey offering
I am also participating in Art Every Day Month, with a daily stitched square.  Here is today's
Generally, all I do for these is grab a square, grab some scraps that go with it, spend a few minutes arranging, then stitch them down and add some embellishment.  I am really enjoying finishing these.  It is time to sit quietly and just stitch.
Now Art Journaling.  I felt like a change today and got out my gelli plate and did some gelli prints, using some bamboo sprigs I had picked.
Then I used the prints, to create a stencil and some masks
I considered these my warm ups for today, because then I used the stencils and masks to create the art journal page.
I don't consider this finished, but I am love with this as a beginning.

Happy Creating!


20 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post, full of eye candy from beginning to end. Love everything, and of course, Frida is fantastic. I so enjoyed the Frida month we had at AJJ! Thanks for another stunning contribution to Art Journal Journey! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow. That Frida drawing blew me AWAY. You are a real artist. Of course, you knew that since I've been watching your drawings of fauna, but this was simply incredible.

    I like the square you created today, too. But those masks were simply wonderful, as was the journal page. Really enjoyed the visit because you produce SO much each day.

    Thanks for sharing your gorgeous art AND the tea cup for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely project. Wonderful pieces of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had trouble scrolling past that cup. Ah! That cup! :)

    I did, and I enjoyed your beautiful work...

    But I keep scrolling back up to the cup lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello and Happy T Day! I love all your art here. The drawing is stunning, how fun your art pages are and the stitched squares are the sweetest. Your teacup is beautiful in design and color.
    Thank you for sharing and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one awesome Frida drawing-wow! Love the prints you made, and that fabric square is so lovely. Such a fun and quick way to paly with fabric scraps. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything about your post
    AND
    your creativity is really fabulous in every way Vicki!
    Wishing you a Happy T Day
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic post!
    Your Frida drawing is awesome. So life like and detailed, more like a photograph.

    I enjoyed eyeing all your art this week, those squares are quite intriguing. Love this week's.

    Happy T-day

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic sketch of Frida! And all your lovely artwork. So glad you could join us for Tea! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic drawing of Frida, and gorgeous journal pages! Love the stitched square too. I can totally see a fabulous piece created by combining them all at the end...just wow. happy T day--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! What a fabulous post this is! Love your drawing! Happy T day! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so very creative, a wonderful artist :)
    I love the cup and checked out several things at the site!
    Your fabric piece caught my eye--I think I may try something like that, thanks for the inspiration!
    Happy T day :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is such a pleasure to visit your blog!! Thanks for sharing all your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty cup and saucer. I am impressed with your drawing skills. Haven't tried a gelli plate but read about them on many art blogs.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGosh! What an array of lovely things! I just LOVE the stencil you made using the bamboo sprigs!! What a wonderful post. Happy T-Day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy T Day - The graphics fairy cup is gorgeous - as is your image of Frida :o))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your daily stitched square says winter to me. The fibers look warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow,what a wonderful pictures,love the pattern cup and the sketch of frida,just amazing.

    greetings Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, all lovely. Amazing face and the stitched square looks sumptuous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The cup is very Frida too! great drawing as well!

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users