I am working on a daily drawing, but it is one of those complicated ones and is only at the sketch stage.
Here are my warm ups.
A friend asked about the warm ups and I thought I would just copy my reply in here for your information.
- For the warm ups, I am using a black book and a white book. They are old, and something I would never have used probably. They are both about A5 or half of a letter sheet. When I started, I began by creating a collage in the black book with scraps and/or prompts from "Painted pages" I now use prompts of my own collected from everywhere, things like use a circle or add some red etc. Then I experimented with paint and prompts in the white book.
- I spent 5 minutes or less on each page, using 1-5 prompts (when needed) and use a timer so I don't go overboard.
- I sometimes don't feel particularly creative when I sit down to work, but I know that if I just start, the creativity will come. The just starting can be a problem and that is what these warm ups are for. They help me create a routine of just getting on with it. Because they are so short and use scraps, I can't argue about wasting time or resources and in the long run they make me more productive, because as I am doing them, ideas tend to start. Sometimes two colours will inspire me, or a shape will give me an idea, but usually, at the end of my 5 minutes, I am rearing to get on with something!
- Painted Paes is a book. here is the google books link. However there are lots of art and mixed media books with prompts in them.
- Here is the link to the post about my prompt cards (it is one of a number of old posts where I was using facebook to insert my pictures. I have since found that eventually, facebook alters the URLs or archives them, so the pictures are lost)
- I now have two sets of prompts. one is specifically art and one is textiles, but there is a fair amount of overlap.
And here is my journal page for today.
This is actually the next spread in my actual written journal - before I have written into it. In my art journal I am working on a spread for Art Journal journey which I hope to finish tomorrow.
I also got some work done on my Tangled textiles Challenge piece, which I have blogged about here.