Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Back to work!

I have just posted my Tangles textiles challenge piece here.   Only half the group have posted so far, but some great work there.  Make sure you have a look in the next day or two here.
In the next few days, I intend to blog my whole process for this piece in one post.
I have been doing a fair bit of stitching and have three new stitch squares for Art Every Day Month.



And here are squares 1 to 25 up on my design wall!
Now, originally, I began this as a challenge for November at Creative every day.
But yesterday, there was a guest post by Anne Lange on Julie Balzer's blog, about stitching 4 inch squares and using stencils as a basis for stitching.  This post really inspired me and I am dying to read the second half of the post.  I want now to continue my challenge for December and incorporate the stencils!  Have a look at Anne's site.  It is wonderful!

Today is Tuesday.  Normally on Tuesday,I spend most of my time at quilt group and don't get much done, but today we are having a day off as most of us have appointments and errands.
So, I am at home, very unusual.  I can now easily join the  T for tuesday gang!
I thought today, we might have our cup of tea as part of breakfast in bed (in the doll's house, that is!)
Also, I have done a bit more work on the owl painting I started a couple of weeks ago, here.
 I am doing this as a project for a craftsy class, painting wildlife in mixed media with tutor  Sharlena Wood.  I am really enjoying this process.  You can find the source image, which is cc licensed by photographer Matt Knoth, here.  Obviously, this is just for my own purposes and will not be for sale.
This class has given me a renewed interest in pastels, which I used to paint with quite often.

Quite a long post, but Happy Creating!


12 comments:

  1. Vicki, your tangles textile entry is simply stunning. I am super impressed.

    Your design wall looks wonderful, and I will have to check out Julie's blog. I wish I could hand sew, but it's simply IMPOSSIBLE, because I have no pinch grip. I think this new project will be a good exercise for you once AEDM is over.

    Thanks for sharing your doll house bedroom and tea in bed with us for T this beautiful Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely piece for your tangled textiles and the owl well wow he is superb. Your board looks good with your daily makes on it

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW... what fantastic pices this all are?! AMAZING Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your squares are lovely - what a great challenge to take up and run with...you're gaining an impressive wall hanging! Happy to think about tea in bed this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find your textile art especially appealing. Beautiful, and so varied!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello and Happy T Day! So much to love in your post today. So happy to see your stitch pieces, they are wonderful! YAY for doing more next month, hope you continue to share them here.
    The owl is awesome, very good detail and color.
    Precious tea cup again, makes me want a doll house too.
    Enjoy your day off and thanks for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the Anne Lange guest post. I'm enjoying your little stitched squares and it would be intriguing to attempt what Anne suggested with the stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your owl painting is absolutely gorgeous, and also love the stitching combined with doodling! happy T day, blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your squares, being a quilter but for me your owl is just wonderful. I do envy people who can paint. Other than walls with emulsion I am not a great painter.
    Hugs
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the tangles and the owl! Fantastic! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never seen fabric zentangles! Cool! You have so many things going on--sewing art, dollhouse art, and then there's the owl! Wow! Happy Belated T-Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love this ~ doodling with fiber!

    Your designs are wonderful ~ thank you for sharing your inspiration with us!

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users