Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Not really doing nothing!

As I said, I have actually been really quite busy,  A trip  to Queensland that made me ill again! (although I quite enjoyed the wedding, I suffered from extreme nausea most of the time I was away and for a while when I came home!)  Then I visited my Mother at the seaside for a few days.  Our Quilt Group had a market day, for which I made a few things and forgot to photograph, sorry.
But now Christmas is over and I have settled back into work.
I am having an exhibition locally in June and have started getting my work all mounted and framed.
Here are a few I finished mounting this week.
Some of these are from a while ago, and some are quite recent.  Obviously, this is my main objective for the next few months, as well as actually finding somewhere to store them!

I have been doing quite a lot of crochet over the last few weeks.
This is the beginning of "Eolande Shawlette" from the Summer 2014 edition of Interweave Crochet. I think this one will take quite a while to finish.

This is a large part of the Rivulene Shawl from The new tunisian by Dora Ohrenstein.  I am really looking forward to finishing this one and am enjoying doing it!
This is the multi motif scarf, which is a red heart pattern I heard about in a video - Crochet Me Workshop: Crochet Corner, Basics and Beyond with Kristin Omdahl.  This is one of those just for fun type patterns that is just nice to do.

I have also been doing some hand work.
These are two sides of a scissor fob I made using a pattern by Mary Corbet on the Craftsy Blog.  I am really finding embroidery very enjoyable at the moment. especially circles.  You might remember these shisha circles I started before christmas.
I have also been working on a free motion embroidered layered piece.
I am really liking how this looks. I have not added a picture for T for Tuesday , but as you might have guessed everything is my cup of tea today!  Go over and visit over at Elizabeth's page, where she is having a 2014 retrospective.

3 comments:

  1. wondered where you had been and decided if no blogs by new year would have to track you down.
    Sorry you have been sick again, trust all is well now and will stay well. You have certainly been busy in your absence and good news that you are having an exhibition of your work
    All the best for 2015 to ypu

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word you have been busy, haven't you? My favorite piece in the pictures you posted is the mounted one of the green leaves in the second row on the right. Just love that piece. And those scissor fobs....what can I say?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pieces look lovely mounted, Vicki. Sorry to hear you were ill when you visited our fair state. You are really powering on now with all your projects in the pipeline. A busy start to the New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users