Friday, March 14, 2014

free motion friday

So today I have been working on some of the free motion on my Tangled Textiles piece.  Yesterday, I showed you some needlefelting.
The first job was to free motion stitch a quote from vincent van Gogh's letters.  I originally wanted to use transfer artist's paper, but it didn't work, so I just wrote it with my machine.  Looks like a mess, doesn't it?
It looks a bit better after i trimmed all my jump stitches and ironed off the frixion pen.  Of course, my handwriting is a bit messy, but  it is handwriting!
Next, I free motioned some crows into the blue sky at the bottom
And then I did some outlining of the sunflowers
For this one, I used a thick, variegated thread.
And for this one, I used a much thinner variegated thread.

More of the same tomorrow, I expect.  Just a few sleeps to go.

Anyone interested in a link up for sharing free motion work on fridays?

5 comments:

  1. I think your free motion looks fabulous! I like the idea of a link up, I'm just aware that I'm not really good at keeping any kind of blogging schedule for my posts! I'll definitely checkout such a linky party though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what makes it nice because it's real handwriting. Can't wait to see the finished piece.
    I'll come visit but won't be joining. It's been so long, I don't even know if my sewing machine works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. free motion has worked well, another to try to add to my list

    ReplyDelete
  4. Messy!?? It looks amazing, I love it! I can't imnagine how you get it done like that. I've once tried to write with my sewing-machine, but I couldn't even read it. Have to practice again, because I really like the result...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want a machine where the feed dogs will drop. Mine doesn't, so when I free motion stitch, I have to move the piece around the needle. Not an easy chore. I think yours is great.

    And I love the birds that are now flying over the cornfield. Did I mention, the first time I saw that piece after I bought a canvas of it and got it home, I was shocked by how the piece made me feel. Not a comfortable experience, but I soon came to love it so much, it's now my favorite painting I own by Van Gogh.

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users