Wednesday, March 21, 2012

silk and collage

I love how silk is so shiny and soft
Fabric paper made from magazine scraps on scrim/fine cheesecloth (used back to front), silk fibres trapped under acetate and free machined.

Also, here's a look at a couple of collages I am working on at present.
This first one is up to my fouth layer (ie base then paper, tissue, paint, stencilled paste) and I am cogitating on the next few layers.
This one is only up to the tissue and paint stage - but I like it!  needs a bit of thinking, but since it is raining here, will take a while to dry.  My initial reaction is to continue on the leaf theme and do some autumn type leaves, but we will see.


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the third photo, the reddish collage! But your other work, as usual, all your work is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chili pepper collage looks green to me, so far! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users