Tuesday, March 27, 2012

100 pretties

Although I think this is day 97, this is my 100th ATC, because I made four extras one day here.
This one has a fabric paper base, some painted face wipe, a lolly/candy wrapper and some flowers from a bit of braid.  This one highlights the difficulties of free motion stitching an item that is only 2.5 by 3.5 inches.   I knew there was a reason why I should have cut it out AFTER I had done the stitching.  I had nothing to hold on to.

Because this is my 100th ATC, I am going to broaden things a bit and start making leaves as well.  I am a leafaholic as many know and this morning I made this one on water soluble in a hoop.
I had green in the top and black in the bobbin and just decided, that since I did, I would turn it over halfway and continue.
Here it is after the stabiliser is washed off.  I like it.
Since the Tangled Textiles Challenge this round is green, leaves should fit in nicely, although not all leaves are green, lol especially over here.  I saw a gorgeous burgundy one today!  Fodder for Tomorrow?


3 comments:

  1. Happy 100th!!! It's been fun following along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, congratulations on making 100 ATC's - quite an achievement. I too, have enjoyed watching as you progressed.

    I think we must have purchased the same tin of lollies, as I've got wrapper exactly like that, pushed into a bag for 'one day'.

    Yes, you silly girl, stitch first, cut out later...........LOL.....

    Love the leaf. Good luck with them. I'll be watching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an achievement...100 ATCs, I have difficulty just finishing one thing lately. I've enjoyed seeing your creativity with each of them and look forward to seeing where you go next. Love the leaf!!

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users