Monday, March 12, 2012

sewing at last!

Today's ATC - Painted and heat distressed Lutradur  free machined over chocolate and gold brocade.

And the show is over.  Over the weekend, I have had to learn to accept compliments gracefully, which is something I find hard.  Perhaps it an Aussie thing, to deflect compliments instead of basking in them, but I have always felt so embaressed when people compliment me.
Well, this weekend, I had lots of people I didn't even know compliment me on my work and I think I am getting the hang of just saying thankyou.  The blushing, well that's another matter, I can't control that, lol.

Hopefully, now I can have a few days in my studio to play.  I think I am suffering from withdrawal from not having any creative outlet!


Play every day!

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy the positive feedback, your work certainly deserves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Beverly. Enjoy the compliments! Sometimes they are just the lift we need. Besides your creativity results in some wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this little ATC Vicki, stipple stitching gets me every time.

    Take the compliments, you deserve them, and remember - people offer them, you don't go soliciting them!! I am so happy for you that people take notice of the wonderful creative work you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing wrong with enjoying positive feedback; most people who see our work do not understand the amount of hard work that goes into a show or exhibition. Every person who creates helps make the world a more beautiful place, and thats far more important than most of the stuff that goes on in Canberra. Without beauty and creativity, this would be a miserable old world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, all for your supportive comments.

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users