Friday, May 10, 2013

Still thread Sketching

I have been busy doing a lot of reading.  At the moment, I am reading 'Creative Composition and design' by Pat Dews.  It's just my sort of art, based on texture backgrounds.
So, I haven't had much to blog about for a few days, but today I did another thread sketched piece based on   an embroidery design.
This is the design, from the sew beautiful blog.  Again, it is really for hand embroidery, but, hey a design is a design.
here I am, busy sewing it with black thread on organza layered over one of my airbrushed fabrics.
and a close up of my wonky stitching!
Here it is done with a black and a white mat board.  Not sure which I like, but there are a few places I want to add swirls to even it up and I think it needs a few beads to cover up my oopses and perhaps a bit of fabric paint on the trunk?.  I wonder what it would look like using bobbin drawing, mmm, I wonder if I can fit enough thread in the bobbin to do the whole thing, or perhaps do it in two halves just to be safe.
Anyhow, I know I will use this pattern, or something similar again.

create every day