Friday, May 10, 2013

Still thread Sketching

I have been busy doing a lot of reading.  At the moment, I am reading 'Creative Composition and design' by Pat Dews.  It's just my sort of art, based on texture backgrounds.
So, I haven't had much to blog about for a few days, but today I did another thread sketched piece based on   an embroidery design.
This is the design, from the sew beautiful blog.  Again, it is really for hand embroidery, but, hey a design is a design.
here I am, busy sewing it with black thread on organza layered over one of my airbrushed fabrics.
and a close up of my wonky stitching!
Here it is done with a black and a white mat board.  Not sure which I like, but there are a few places I want to add swirls to even it up and I think it needs a few beads to cover up my oopses and perhaps a bit of fabric paint on the trunk?.  I wonder what it would look like using bobbin drawing, mmm, I wonder if I can fit enough thread in the bobbin to do the whole thing, or perhaps do it in two halves just to be safe.
Anyhow, I know I will use this pattern, or something similar again.

create every day



3 comments:

  1. I love it Vicki! I think a few beads and a bit of fabric paint would be just the right touches to really bring it to life. I think I'm leaning towards the black mat, but I am always a sucker for high contrast. I need to post your quote in my sewing space, because that fear is what always slows me down, and brings me to a standstill - have got to get beyond that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always impressed by your launching out into the unknown to try new things. Way to go. I think a darker edge is good but I might try something other then black. Eager to see the finished design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks good to me, the art of machine embroidery passed me by

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users