Friday, April 4, 2014

Trip looming

I have been absent for the last few days and at the moment my studio is all upside down.  I am preparing to go to the Australasian Quilt convention next week and trying to find all the things I have to take with me.
It has been a few years since I have been away from home for more than a night or two and I had forgotten how complicated it all is!  And of course there is a lot of things I need to do to before I attend the two workshops I am doing as well.
I have lists
and more lists
I have a pile of fabric (which is all cotton and that is sometimes hard to find in my home lol) and now have to choose the threads to take as I can't take all of it!
I have a pile of photos, from which I have to choose some likely culprits and then make enalrged line diagrams.
I also have a ton of homework to do in my two courses.  This is a sample thread painting (which will probably not be finished until I return, now) for the working in a series class.
So things are already a bit of a turmoil, and add to that we have been without a washing machine for a month and after picking one up yesterday, I have done six loads of washing today - and I'm not finished, but there is no hanging space left until it all dries.
tomorrow is  our local quilt group get together and I haven't even thought about what to take!

I feel a deep need for some ART!

Happy Creating!

7 comments:

  1. Just a little bit jealous, Vicki. Look forward to seeing what you achieve at AQC. It is a big job getting ready but will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Vicki! Have fun on you little jaunt!!! Look forward to seeing all that you learn! I love your thread painting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do have a great time. All that preparation will put you ahead of the curve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the time away, I hope it is rejuvenating! I have no doubt you will return home with some beautiful creations underway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those lists... Very recognizable ;-) But it sounds like something fun to go to, and it'll make all those preparations worthwhile! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Preparation is always a pain. I always worry that I would forget something. But sounds like a fun trip. Can't wait to hear all about it.
    Love all those threads ... all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And of course, I'm late visiting. I am in total AWE of all that thread. I seem to gravitate toward variegated, though, especially since I make art quilts with no theme.

    When I first read the cotton statement, I thought NO POLYESTER, I hope. Then I realized how you work with so many sheers and felt stupid thinking that.

    Hope you're having fun. I bet you are exhausted, but revitalized, when you get home.

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users