Sunday, April 6, 2014

Digital Drawing Day - The worries in your head

If you are a regular visitor to my blog, you will know that this topic, from Terry and Joan over at andsewitgoes (Terry will not post until sunday U.S. time) for this weeks digital drawing, is particularly apt as I am trying (vainly) to get myself organised for the Australasian Quilt Convention this week.
The biggest worry in my head, has been getting landscapes suitable for my workshop with Gloria Loughman, drawn up and ready.  Usually, in my photographs, I am looking for foreground detail, but for this course, I need lots of hills in the background!  So I have gone back through my old photos (actual prints, they are so old) and found a few that I might be able to use. I had to exaggerate the background in a lot of them, and also, I needed colour to decide me what to do with them.
I have narrowed it down to two.
This first picture was taken in the high plains of New South Wales at Cabramurra.  There were lupins growing wild all over and I took lots of photos.
As you can see, I have exaggerated the background mountains and the number of lupins, and then.
I altered where the tree was.  The tree was just a quick scribble as my hands were beginning to ache!
This was taken on the Snowy River, just inside the Victorian border, but south of Thredbo.
And this is where I got with that one.  I left out the large pile of rocks and wood at the centre right as I knew it would be too fiddly for a workshop.

I have finally got the hang of using layers.  And it did make things so much easier!  As usual, I used the pastel tool in artrage as I was in a hurry, but now I have my landscapes worked out.  I won't bore you with the line diagrams, but they are done and all I have to do is print them out!  Yes!

But of course, I still have a ton to do, including two assignments due before I leave home and only two days to go!
I will not be able to post a digital drawing next sunday, but I will try and post during the week.

Happy creating!