Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Another T Page

finally back blogging after a little break, which was unintended, but welcome.  Today I am joining Elizabeth for T for Tuesday on her bEARTHday.
Today I am sharing a page I hope I have not shared before.  This one used stencils.  The background was done by painting matte medium through a stencil, then painting watercolour over when dry.  The teapot was done by putting a mask of the teapot down whilst the background was painted, then replacing the mask with the stencil of the teapot and adding a second stencil over the top to fill the teapot with pattern.  The pot(s) on the left are printouts of a digital drawing on tracing paper, which are different colours and translucent, so you can see the other layers through them (but this is not visible in the photo)
Hope you enjoy.

Happy creating!

13 comments:

  1. good to see you back, have missed you daily posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool..would love a teapot with that damask pattern on for real!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello and Happy T Day! What a pretty pot and page you made. Glad to see you back again!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best bEARTHday gift I could receive is a visit from you. SO glad you are back after your short break. I had to read the masking and stenciling twice to understand it. But I finally understood how you created the right page. And that translucent page you printed on tracing paper is BRILLIANT.

    Thanks for joining my T party today, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really lovely pages-nice work with the stencil on the teapot! Happy T day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tea day art! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome back :) i really like that teapot design. black & white is "in" right now, they say.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful works. Love the way the tea pot turned out.

    Good to have you back

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely water color...I really like the teapot page as well. Great mix of colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever use of the stencil on the teapot. Lots of layers too.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely work...the teapot is so cute! happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! I like how you did the teapot. :)
    Happy T-Day and Happy Earth Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy T-Day Vicki.
    So nice to see you back. Great explanation on the making of the tea pot. Nice pattern :)

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users