Monday, September 10, 2012

The dreaded lurgy

Ah, well, all things come to those who wait, don't they?  I have been offline for a few weeks with a very bad dose of the 'flu.  We Aussies call it the dreaded lurgy.  I am on the mend now and getting back into my rhythm.  It is Spring here and the gartden is blooming, but with it comes hay fever - Yuck!  But you have to take the good with the bad.

In my last post I told you of my new toy - a silhouette cameo!  Before I got sick, I did a little work in my journal with some stencils I made.
I layered two stencils, the flower one and the butterfly one on top of each other, so the flower pattern filled the butterflies.
Then I went around the outlines with a very sketchy fineliner to define it.  The page needs more work, but has been sitting for a bit.
We had our monthly quilting day a week or two ago and here are some of the regular ladies in our new community house.  On that day I was working on one of the UFOs in my cupboards.
Obviously still not finished, but getting close.
Since then, I have really only been doing bits and pieces, between lots of resting.
I crochetted this  beanie for my hubby, who has also been very sick (and sooky, as they are)
I started this table mat, I used my Silhouette to cut the applique pieces.  It will be for our fund raising stall at christmas.  It is an adaptation of a free pattern from martingale.
I worked on a bobbin lace bookmark, that had been sitting around for a while.
I did a little piecing practice with my huge stash of charms.
And I did a little quilting practice on the longarm.  (no closeups neccesary).  If you have been following me for a while, you will know that my hubby created my machine for me.  He is very good at that sort of thing.  He is a fitter and turner by trade.  I used to have it set up on rails, but find this sit down arrangement much easier.
And since it's spring, I thought I'd finish with some gorgeous gum blossoms I picked the other day.

Thanks for the comments on the last post. I will get back to you, just haven't been well enough.







4 comments:

  1. Vicki, so sorry you've been feeling so lousy! Seems to me you've done quite a bit despite it all.

    Enjoy spring, I'll think of you as we head into our cold season. Love the gum blossoms, by the way--

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am anxious to see how you will complete the butterfly pages in your journal. Next to loving leaves, I am also enamored of butterflies.

    You have been super industrious for someone who is not feeling well. I am hoping that the illness is behind you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear that you were not well, but I'm glad that you are on the mend. I missed seeing your playful experiments. You managed to be quite prolific despite the "dreaded lurgy".

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users