Monday, August 27, 2012

a cameo appearance

OK, I have been absent for a week or two, but I have been busy playing with a new toy!, oops, I mean tool in my studio.
I am the proud owner of a brand new silhouette cameo digital cutter and have been experimenting with all types of media, to see what it can do!
Above is a page from my notebook.  As you can see at the left, it cuts light lutradur/rainbow spun beautifully, and below it is some acetate sheet (For stencils) which it also cut well.  It did not cut painted baby wipes, which is a disappointment, but I am not finished experimenting with that.  I have tried papers of different weights, plastics and vinyls, and of course fabrics.  It cuts cotton really well and I am looking forward to thinking up a few applique projects to do with it.
I cut these beautiful boxes from card.  I purchased the cutting file from silhouette.com.
and all these wonderful masks and textures and text and....
Here were a few of my first efforts.
And some starts at journal pages, none of which is completed yet.
By the way, the black butterfly is a design I created myself with the software, while the blue butterfly, I only attached on one side so it becomes an extra page.

My collage from the last post is finished and just needs mounting
Here are a few close ups
Also, the fabric pages I finished a few weeks ago have reached their owners, so now I can show you
I have been doing a little crochet
This is from a pattern in piecework magazine last year.
And this is from an old annie's attic pattern.

And I think I'll just finish with this winter leaf I found the other day
It had such beautiful lines, I couldn't resist.

Happy creating.