Monday, August 27, 2012

a cameo appearance

OK, I have been absent for a week or two, but I have been busy playing with a new toy!, oops, I mean tool in my studio.
I am the proud owner of a brand new silhouette cameo digital cutter and have been experimenting with all types of media, to see what it can do!
Above is a page from my notebook.  As you can see at the left, it cuts light lutradur/rainbow spun beautifully, and below it is some acetate sheet (For stencils) which it also cut well.  It did not cut painted baby wipes, which is a disappointment, but I am not finished experimenting with that.  I have tried papers of different weights, plastics and vinyls, and of course fabrics.  It cuts cotton really well and I am looking forward to thinking up a few applique projects to do with it.
I cut these beautiful boxes from card.  I purchased the cutting file from silhouette.com.
and all these wonderful masks and textures and text and....
Here were a few of my first efforts.
And some starts at journal pages, none of which is completed yet.
By the way, the black butterfly is a design I created myself with the software, while the blue butterfly, I only attached on one side so it becomes an extra page.

My collage from the last post is finished and just needs mounting
Here are a few close ups
Also, the fabric pages I finished a few weeks ago have reached their owners, so now I can show you
I have been doing a little crochet
This is from a pattern in piecework magazine last year.
And this is from an old annie's attic pattern.

And I think I'll just finish with this winter leaf I found the other day
It had such beautiful lines, I couldn't resist.

Happy creating.







5 comments:

  1. What a fun toy! Wish I could try it too!!!! I live all the goodies you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a great toy to own. I want one :-) I also love the tiny tea cup you have crotched as well. Is there any chance I may be able to get a copy of the pattern?
    Hugs Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many fabulous new toys, and so little time! It looks really cool and fun! Enjoy, and we can share the results and "oooh" and "aaah"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun new toy/serious-tool! And I like that darling crocheted tea cup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had lots of fun playing with your new "tool". Those fabric pages are exquisite Vicki. I went in for a closer look at your collage and, my goodness, I want to be able to see that one in person. So much detail!

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users