Monday, April 30, 2012

red stuff and Autumn

Another fabric ATC.  This one is made from a piece of hand dyed synthetic knit.  Not usually my type of material to sew with, but I loved the texture.  I added a piece of red felt and a square of red heavy interfacing.  Then I chose a few red bits from my bead stash.  I had a torn piece of nylon knitting ribbon, so I added that, then I found a tiny scrap of red perle thread and tied it in a bow.


Today my journal was about Autumn and this page may even become a journal quilt. 
I used a stencil, (I think it was craftworks) and sprayed green watercolour on.  I let the paint pool and dry in little dots and they reminded me of leaves.  I did some shadows on the trunk in green marker and white highlights on the other side with a white gel pen.  Then I added some yellow orange and gold scribbles to the leafy bits - and it was Autumn. I think I would like this in fabric and I would do the shadows and highlights with free machine embroidery.  Looks like time to get the sketchbook out.

And of course I need to nominate five bloggers for the liebster award.  Five small bloggers who inspire me.

Linda at billabongs2bling
Jenny at jennypennypoppy
Gina at claynfiber
Judy at judycooper
and last but never least
lisa at upstatelisa