I have been working on some distressed leaf samples for a few days.
Basically, I gathered a range of non wovens and a few synthetics.
I painted the non woven fabrics. The synthetics were all coloured.
I free machined two simple leaves on each fabric - a leaf with veins and a leaf without veins.
Then the fun began
I used the soldering iron to put holes in the leaves with veins
I used the heat gun to distress the leaves without veins
And here's what I got
So, now I know how all these fabrics react to the soldering iron and the heat gun and I will most definitely be using some of these in my leaf project.
Don't get stressed - distress some synthetics