Thursday, August 4, 2011

Working hard

Since I am actually working very hard on three submissions, I thought I would give you a peek into my studio.
This is my main work area, with half a dozen projects spread all over it!
And looking the other way is a little bit better.
The desk behind me is a little better, (but only because I have stuffed everything, willy nilly into the clothes basket you can see.
This is my main work room, but I have another room attached to this where my design walls, long arm and storage are and there is no way I can show you that - because I can't get into it!

I remember reading somewhere that a tidy desk is a sign of someone with nothing to do - That is certainly not me at present as along with the the quilts to finish, I also have a list of samples, a further landscape quilt, Christmas items for our quilting group market stall, applique, crochet and of course a little (tiny) bit of housework.

I wonder, does that apply to housework too?  Is a tidy house a sign of someone with nothing better to do?
Great! Let's all breathe a sigh of relief.
Leave the housework and do something creative!

4 comments:

  1. That philosophy has kept me from submitting my name for an episode of Hoarders: Buried Alive. Glad to see I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course a tidy house is the product of an empty life! Thats my story anyway, and explains why your studio looks welcoming and user friendly! Everything in its place stifles creativity and experimentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Patti and Caroline. I agree - I have pretty strong views regarding perfection vs creativity, which I consider to be pretty much opposite poles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does a messy work table count? How about fabric in boxes on the floor, in baskets and willy nilly all over the house? If so, I'm with you on the creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users