Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fiddling with photos

Here are some photos from my garden that I have been fiddling with to give me a bit of inspiration for some floral quilts.  Generally I use filters in Photo shop elements and I have my favourites, so without further ado-
Some daisies. Photo on left, filtered with "Paint daubs" on right.
You can see in this close up that the picture that the "pieces" are like confetti and I could use this filter to create a monet or impressionist type collage by using coloured scraps and tulle as in my journal.

Helleborus or winter rose, which I love. Here I have used "Cut outs"  to create a pattern for a fused picture.
You can see in this close up that this filter has created shapes which I can cut out of fused fabric.
Some violets. and the filtered picture using "frescoe"  I like this one because it gives lovely depth on the leaves.
In this close up you can see that this is a perfect candidate for a fused picture which is also painted.  I would use this to create a simple pattern, then use it to apply the darks and highlights which are on the leaves.

So you have had a little look into another one of my design processes.  These pictures would be converted to patterns using photoshop again, by tracing the outlines on a new layer then deleting the original layer.  Each colour would also be added in a new layer.  I have previously looked at this here.

Dilly Dally with designs, they don't all have to be created.

3 comments:

  1. This is really interesting Vicki. I use CS5 for photography but haven't looked at filters much, especially for this sort of application. You've inspired me.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your samples are the perfect justification for adding Photoshop to my arsenal of creativity tools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful designs! I miss my photoshop ...it was old and is no longer useable with my newer computer. You've inspired me to try out some of the other programs that are already on my laptop .....

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users