Yesterday, I made a batch of machine wrapped cords to use on the journal covers I have been making. Once I got started, it was very hard to stop, but I have plenty to use now.
I used metallic thread in the top and bottom and did not put the top spool of thread on the top. I put it on the bench to the right of the machine. This is a tip I learned from Beryl Taylor's videos. She says she got it from a thread manufacturer, who explained that giving the spool more distance to lose it's kinks will help it feed better. Since I started doing this, I have had few problems with metallic thread.
As you can see above, I am using a rolled hem foot.
I find, with narrow wrapped cords, the rolled hem foot works really well. I feed the thread or yarn into the part where the fabric gets rolled and it feeds through the machine.
Some of my cords are wrapped with tulle or nylon knitting tape before going through the machine and in this type of cord, I use the cord maker, which wraps the narrow strip of tulle or nylon around the core yarn before it feeds into the machine.
Now let's get on to the eye candy!
I hope you enjoyed looking at the cords as much as I enjoyed making them. Now I just have to sew them down all over the place! You will see some of these in upcoming blogs of some of my current projects.
So, I made quite alot of cord, but as I was writing this post, I remembered that I had intended to do some with strips of fabric, too - ah well another post then.