Saturday, April 27, 2013

Fabric book

I have been going to make a fabric book for a while, and yesterday I finally started, with the intention of putting all my leaf samples in it.
I started with a book cover.  I get these from the recycle depot, who collects from a book binding establishment.
I covered it with this handmade paper (it is very thick and simply made using large bubble wrap).
You can see here I put an accordion fold with the flaps glued together into the spine to hold my pages.
I wil construct the pages separately and add them one at a time, sandwiching the two sides over some felt.
The felt will sit on top of each flap of the accordion like this.
And the book will be finished, but as yet I haven't done any pages. Let's see if I can finish it in the next few weeks.

Create every day!