Saturday, December 3, 2016

Getting my art on

I have had an extremely difficult year with family issues and am finally starting to get my mojo back. It has taken me a long time to find my space again and I am still working on it, but recently, I have started to get some work accomplished! I have been doing some free motion work on my new little bernina, which I got from Bernina Australia at caroline sharkey's wonderful workshop in August at Uluru (Ayers Rock) It was a wonderful time and I did a workshop with Sue De Vanny, which was excellent
Above is the piece of work I completed at the workshop.
Since I came home and also since the problems have sorted themselves, I have been doing a lot of free machine practice and free machine doodling.

These are two of my current practice pieces.  One is just a grid of squares but the other is in a double wedding ring type layout.
As I said, I am also doing a lot of doodling.
These are two panels that will be part of a new sewing machine travelling case for my new Bernina, since one of my machines was damaged badly on a plane trip early this year!  I am in love with this multicolour wonderfil thread!
This one, finished now, was a mandala I doodle stitched then coloured with fabric markers.  I also have one other doodle panel on the go, but haven't photographed it yet.
So what else?
Above left is a needlefelted panel I whipped up one day (lol), which is waiting for some stitching, and the other is a very large crochet blanket I have been working on called sophie's universe.  I am only half way, perhaps I'll finish by next summer?

Of course if you know me, you know that textiles are only half my crafty self.  I will post soon with some of my art, journaling and mixed media play.

Happy Creating!




5 comments:

  1. Vicki, it was SO good to see you posting again. It's awesome the things you do with your machine. Since my feed dogs don't drop, I tried doing free motion and it SUCKS. Yours, on the other hand is all wonderful. I especially like the felted piece, too. I bet you have access to rovings, which are very hard to find and quite expensive where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to see you back in blogland, presumed you had given up bloggong. so mnay seem to have deserted blogland for instagram and similar sights. You have certainly got machine quilting down to a fine art. Wonder which bernina you bought

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, so glad to have you back! Your free motion quilting is coming along wonderfully! The back piece is particularly stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear you've been having a rough time, but so glad to see you posting! Your quilting is looking wonderful, and I've been enjoying your sketches and life drawings. You are such a talented artist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilting is just wonderful!
    Happy New Year to you!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users