Thursday, August 8, 2013

Going crazy

My quilting group have decided to do some crazy quilting.
I decided to do a bit of practice before we start, so I enrolled in Alison Aller's course at Craftsy.  It's a great beginner's course, and even includes her book as an ebook!
So here is where I am up to with my samples.
These are the samples from the course, but I also did a few more combinations.
I am enjoying doing this a lot.  Each seam on the blocks is only a small bit of stitching, so there is plenty of variety and I don't get bored.
Here is my sample block, with the first round of stitches done.
The fabrics were all cotton, just what I had to hand, as I don't have too much in the way of quilting cottons these days, but this is only a sample.  My real quilt is going to be made from satin, as I have a whole sample book of Belgian satin which are just the right size and I am a bit partial to shiny fabric!
So hopefully you will see some of that soon.
My free motion samples are mounting up and I am getting quite a stack, which I will show you soon, and I have also been doing a bit of journaling as well.

So, until next time, keep creating

3 comments:

  1. good for you Vicki, if like me you will get hooked on CQ, maybe you will take part in the CQJP next year, if you have time pop over to the CQJP 2013 site and see lots of blocks, we do one a month so it is not too much pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you so enthused and busy. Nice embroidery!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful stitchery work Vicki! Looking forward to seeing the silks when pieced and stitched.

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users